This “life skills through golf’ program was developed to:
- Teach life skills through teambuilding initiatives
- Expose students to the game of golf
- Provide students with an opportunity to experience what the
Spears YMCA and the Triad Youth Golf Foundation have to offer for teens in the
city of Greensboro!
- Students from 6th to 8th grade will be picked up from Kernodle by a YMCA bus containing other students from the YMCA’s Action 68 program for middle school students.
- Once students arrive, a middle school staff member will greet students and take attendance.
- Students will engage in a 20-minute ‘life principle through team building experience’ that will tie into what the students will learn on the golf course.
- Students will receive a snack and drink, load the bus and head to Bur-Mil Park for their 45-minute golf lesson with a certified Precision Golf Teaching Professional.
- Students will return to the Spears YMCA for pick up by 6:15pm.
- COST: $115
- DATES: April 24– May 22 (5 consecutive Friday’s)
- TIME: 4:15 – 6:15pm
- Students will be picked up from school, transported to YMCA, Bur-Mil Park and back to the Spears YMCA!
- Snacks provided
- Life skills through teambuilding will be taught by YMCA staff
- Golf instruction will be given by a certified Precision Golf Teaching professional.
- WEEKS 1-4 ARE SKILL DEVELOPMENT WEEKS. WEEK 5 IS ASKILLS ASSESSMENT CHALLENGE AND AWARD DAY!
- Harvey Floyd – Teen Director, SPEARS YMCA – 336.215.1798
- Jonathan Dudley – TYGF Program Director – 336.373.4630